The HRM Pension Plan Office continues to monitor the situation surrounding COVID-19 and its impact on our Plan. While our staff had resumed working in the office on a limited basis, due to a recent uptick in COVID-19 cases, we have moved back to operating our workplace remotely for the time being. Due to substantial efforts over the past year and a move towards a paperless workplace, we are in an excellent position to continue to offer exceptional service to members in any situation. As the COVID-19 situation continues to evolve and change daily, we are unsure as to when our team will physically return to the office. The health and safety of our members and staff is our top priority.
Communicating with our office:
- For Plan related transactions and enquires we would ask that you email our general inbox email@example.com or call our general line at 902-490-6213 and leave a voicemail message. You could also use the ‘Let’s Talk’ option on our website to request a call back. This option can be found by clicking 'Contact Us’ on the home page of our website (www.hrmpensionplan.ca). These mediums will be monitored from 8:30am to 4:30pm Monday to Friday. We will attempt to respond to your query within 48 hours.
- Since we are not currently conducting in-person appointments, we would be happy to set up a phone appointment or a Microsoft Teams meeting to meet with Plan members. All you need to do is contact us through our general inbox or telephone number to book an appointment.
- We would ask that you send any required Plan related documents to our office via email to the address noted above, or send us a fax to 902-490-5597, rather than using Canada Post, if possible. However, if Canada Post is your preferred method of communication, rest assured our mail is being picked up and processed.
- HRM employees should avoid sending any correspondence to our office via inter-office mail, and instead send these documents to us via email, if possible. However, again, if interoffice mail is your preferred method of communication, our interoffice mail is being collected and processed.
- During this time, electronic communication is our preferred method of correspondence. In order to facilitate any current or future transactions with our office, we would ask that you (if you have not already done so) provide your consent for us to communicate confidential information with you electronically. In order to do this, you must complete an Electronic Consent Form. Please sign and date the form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
As we move forward, we will do our best to continue to process your transactions within a reasonable timeframe. The situation is evolving, and we would ask for your patience and understanding as we work through these unusual times.
Director, Plan Member Services