New for Retirees - Online Access to the Northern Trust Participant Website
As of February 1, 2023, HRM Pension Plan members who are receipt of a monthly pension through Northern Trust Company Canada (the Plan’s Custodian and Trustee), are able to access their benefit payment information by visiting Northern Trust’s Benefit Payment Participant Web Passport® site and completing the online enrolment process.
Retirees can access the Northern Trust website at www.bppcanada.ca/bpp/public
In order to enroll, members will be required to supply the following information: Name and Postal Code; Social Insurance Number; Last Payment Date; Last Net Payment Amount. This information will be used to authenticate each member for enrollment purposes. For enrollment related questions or issues, members can contact Northern Trust’s Benefit Payment Participant Service Center at 1-800-826-8653.
With Benefit Payment Participant Web Passport®, retirees can:
- update personal information, such as address, email, and phone number;
- access real-time account information, such as payment history, payment status, and historical tax statements;
- update electronic deposit information;
- review tax exemptions; and
- request duplicate tax forms.